Ahhh...Remember the spring flower necklace? It's finished. I finally had to make a decision this past week...I had to cancel a class. This is something that I've never done before and I really hated to do it, but class sign ups for the Bead & Button Show have been very slow. I can't say that I'm suprised with the low sign up because the two classes that the show promoters picked were classes that I have been teaching for the past 5 years and I had a gut feeling that it would be a hard sell. I was hoping that this year they would pick one of my newer projects, but it just wasn't meant to be. The sad part about this is that because I cancelled the classes, I've been told that it puts me at risk from being picked for next year. So much for loyalty (I've been teaching for them from the very beginning) and understanding. Anyhow, I still be at the show and finally had some free time to make some beads. This weekend I made a bunch of beads to be sandblasted, but I also decided to make some Sushi sets. Personally I think they are so Kawaii(cute in Japanese).
Sunday, April 19, 2009
Some New Beads
Ahhh...Remember the spring flower necklace? It's finished. I finally had to make a decision this past week...I had to cancel a class. This is something that I've never done before and I really hated to do it, but class sign ups for the Bead & Button Show have been very slow. I can't say that I'm suprised with the low sign up because the two classes that the show promoters picked were classes that I have been teaching for the past 5 years and I had a gut feeling that it would be a hard sell. I was hoping that this year they would pick one of my newer projects, but it just wasn't meant to be. The sad part about this is that because I cancelled the classes, I've been told that it puts me at risk from being picked for next year. So much for loyalty (I've been teaching for them from the very beginning) and understanding. Anyhow, I still be at the show and finally had some free time to make some beads. This weekend I made a bunch of beads to be sandblasted, but I also decided to make some Sushi sets. Personally I think they are so Kawaii(cute in Japanese).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
They are REALLY cute! I adore them. I'm sorry to hear about B&B and your class being canceled. I know a lot of folks in the creative field who have been effected. I'm sure that next year things will pick up and your classes will all be full.
ReplyDelete