Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Time away

Sorry that it's taken so long to post. As some of you may or may not know, I'm also on the Board for ISGB (International Society of Glass Beadmakers). I spent my spring break going to Miami and Rochester to visit those sites for our annual "Gathering". Below is part one of my trip.

I arrived in Miami at 1:30AM. It's about a 13 hour flight from Hawaii. First thing that I learned was to not take the Super Shuttle to my hotel. What I should have done was taken a taxi. Why do you ask.......well the driver had a hard time understanding where I wanted to go and I had a small moment of panic when he decided to get off of the freeway and zig zag through the side streets to get to my hotel. I later learned from the locals that this was one of those areas where you wanted to make sure that the car doors were locked. After a few meetings with the hotel and visiting many local galleries I can honestly say that I know how to get around in Miami. On one of my ventures I found a wonderful area located in downtown Miami. Mary Brickell Village is comprised of numerous cute shops and wonderful restaurants. Many of the locals recommended a place by the name of Lolita's so we specifically made an effort to visit that restaurant and what a lovely suprise. The actual name is Dolores but you can call me Lolita.


The food is AWESOME. For $23.00 you have a choice of appetizer and entree. The portions are huge and the atmosphere is so Miami. One thing you'll find out about me is that I will go anywhere for excellent food. Not only was the food awesome, but the price was unbelieveable. For two of us with a drink and dessert our final bill totaled $60.00.

In summary, I had a great time in Miami. Made some great contacts for the organization and will be back in July!

1 comment:

  1. I will write this down and put on my places to eat list. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.