Wednesday, April 1, 2009

TIme Away Part 2

The second half of my trip was to Rochester, NY. For a girl from Hawaii....it was a little chilly, but nothing that I couldn't handle. The ISGB Gathering will be in Rochester for 2010 and the Rochester visitors bureau certainly went all out to show us all of the best that the city could offer. After spending an entire day visiting galleries and museums I'm very excited to have the conference here in Rochester.

My restaurant tip for Rochester is Tapas 177 Lounge. It's a cool restaurant. The bar is on the street level, while the restaurant is in the basement. Their menu changes weekly and their appetizer and entree portions are huge. Also,during this trip I was able to visit Milon Townsend's home and studio. In addition to being a magnificent glass artist he was a wonderful host and his wife makes the best desserts. I can honestly say that Rochester has a lot to offer the members of ISGB when they arrive in 2010.

So after being away for two weeks I am more than ready to return home to the islands.

1 comment:

  1. You'll be in my neck of the woods... uhmmm... sort of. When is it exactly? I might make a trip up to visit all of you glass bead makers there.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.